We live in a world that is digitally connected. We have created an enormous worldwide network of zeroes and ones with the advent of digitization. With cyberspace so large, cybersecurity has become one of the primary concerns for all users. Every update and every enhancement in cybersecurity only invites an increase in cybercrime and cybercriminals who can be found everywhere.
At this point, we need to arm ourselves with the best cyber protection that the market currently offers. And one of the best software? Avast Antivirus.
Avast Free vs Paid Version -- What you Need to Know?
Avast is a popular free antivirus program that is available in two versions: free and premium versions. The Firewall feature is the most significant distinction between Avast Free and Pro Edition (Premium Security). When surfing the internet, a firewall is a must-have security tool. There are a couple of other options if you want a little extra security or want to pay Avast to safeguard your device.
One of the most important queries while picking an antivirus software is whether the user should go in for the free or the paid version. The following article will highlight the differences between Avast free vs. pad versions and which would suit your needs the best!
Avast Free Edition:
Regarding Avast Free, there are two main features to consider. First, Avast Free and Pro will help protect you against viruses and malware already on your PC or Mac. Avast will detect viruses, ransomware, and other dangers in real-time, so you’ll never have to worry about them. Your PC will be extremely safe at all times.
The following are other features that are included in the Avast free version:
- A ‘core shield’ for live protection against viruses, malware, and adware.
- ‘Automatic Updating‘ of the virus definition.
- ‘Virus Chest‘ -- Quarantine.
- Live Ransomware Protection: Avast Free also has a comprehensive updating mechanism that ensures your software is always up to date. Not only does it update itself, but it also updates Windows, macOS, Office, browsers, and much more.
This feature can assist with major security flaws since Avast will apply a patch (or a repair) before you even realize it’s happened.
- WiFi Internet security: WiFiWiFi security scanning is another function of Avast Free. Wireless security scanning, which is often a premium function of other antivirus software, allows you to perform a wireless network scan, reveal attackers who are currently on the network, and prevent future invaders. The Avast program will also discover any security weaknesses in the network, allowing you to make adjustments to safeguard your network further.
- Do Not Disturb mode: Avast antivirus prevents any pop-up annotations when the program is running in full-screen mode. It also prevents pop-ups while the user is watching a movie or a video.
- Shield: Avast Antivirus has a behaviour shield that monitors all the applications and immediately alerts users if they start acting differently.
- Password Manager: The antivirus software securely manages all your passwords and adds an extra layer of protection to any security engagement the user indulges in.
- Transparency: The antivirus software is open to the users and does not carry any unspecified package-associated limitation or uninformed payment ceilings.
- It has an advanced firewall and antivirus settings.
- As a user, you have the option to scan a specific folder or the entire system for any malfunction as per your choice and requirement.
- The software has regular automatic updates that enhance safety and security regularly.
- The registration is user-friendly and needs to be updated only annually for sustained use.
Avast Paid/Pro Edition:
Avast Paid Version stands divided into three category packages:
- Premium security for a single device.
- Premium security for multiple devices.
- The ultimate package.
Not only does the paid version offer you a plethora of extra features in addition to the free version, but it is also extremely affordable, and very much up to the value you pay for it!
You can find more information on the official website here.
Discussed below are the premium features of the Avast Antivirus Premium/ Paid version:
- Automatic protection against fake websites: Avast Pro has a built-in web browser script that protects you against fraudulent or dangerous websites, giving you peace of mind while buying or simply surfing the web. Web-safe protects your passwords and critical information, such as banking information, from intruders and thieves. Other applications can help you with this, but Avast has all you need in one location.
- Avast Pro has a powerful firewall. Unlike most other premium or free antiviruses, it features a sophisticated firewall that automatically examines each connection that comes into your network. If any connections appear to be suspicious, Avast will block them and warn you so you can stay safe even when you’re not connected to the internet.
- Avast Pro monitors your emails, which most other free and paid antiviruses do not. Avast does not read your emails; instead, it examines the ‘header’ packets. These packets don’t examine the content of the email; instead, they look at the technical facts to make an informed judgment about your emails coming in and out, ensuring that you don’t get any unwanted spam or malware emails.
- File encryption creates a ‘bubble’ around your personal documents (if they are secured) to prevent unauthorized modifications or access to certain folders. Avast is sure that it will prevent all malware, viruses, and other content-stealing material from gaining access to your encrypted personal data.
- It can protect your webcam from being used without your permission. Genuine programs (such as Microsoft Teams, Skype, and FaceTime) are excluded from the list, but Avast will alert you when the webcam is in use so you know who is looking.
- Avast Pro understands the issue when it comes to safely deleting sensitive data. Shred is a function in Avast Pro that allows you to shred documents and folders correctly. Avast overwrites the files with irrelevant data before deleting them, making it impossible for anybody to see what was previously in them.
There are obvious changes between the free and pro versions of Avast when looking at them side by side. Avast Free is a fantastic program for active-virus eradication and real-time threat analysis, and it may be adequate with the bundled Wireless security. However, considering the single-device license and the massive number of Avast Pro features, it may be a safer and more cost-effective option.
Deciding between Avast Free and Paid can be a tough decision. Both versions offer a range of features and benefits that can help protect your computer from viruses, malware, and other online threats. However, there are some key differences between the two versions that you should consider before making your choice. We hope that we have provided enough information to decide which is right for you.
It is important to note that Avast Paid offers more comprehensive protection and additional features compared to Avast Free. However, Avast Free is still a reliable option for basic antivirus protection.