Bluestacks is one of the leading Android emulators for Windows PC and Mac. This guide shows you how to install Bluestacks on Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9 and download your favorite Android apps and games. You can install apps from any app stores or even transfer downloaded APK files inside to it and play them in Mac. This will be the best way to use Android Apps in Mac OS X laptop or desktop. We have listed Bluestacks as a best Android emulator or Mac here.
For some reasons, Bluestacks doesn’t perform as expected on Mac like how it worked in Windows OS. But there are a few steps you can follow to overcome these issues. I will be providing those useful links if you face a similar issue.
Steps – How to Install Bluestacks on Mac OS X
1) Download the official package here.
2) You can ignore the next warning message while installing because this package was downloaded from the internet and not from the official Apple app store. But since it’s from official Bluestacks website, you proceed the installation.
After double-clicking the DMG file, installation is simple as usual. Drag the app icon to Applications folder as below. That will install Bluestacks on Mac OS X, in this case, 10.9 Mavericks.
3) Ready to use now, open the app and wait for loading.
How to Install Apps in Bluestacks on Mac OS X
Straightaway if you search for an app, you will find nothing. The result will be blank and you will not find the app.
Google account must be configured in order to download apps from Google play. You can configure Google account in settings menu or just by clicking any app on home page which will popup to set up Google account.
‘Enable AppStore’ and ‘Setup 1-Click Sync’ should be configured to use Google play store to download and install Android Apps in Mac OS X by using Bluestacks.
The Issues and Solutions to Use Bluestacks in Mac
1) The issue of setting up Google account. Frankly, the second step to configure Google account did not work for me. After entering my Google user name and password, it just hung for a long time. So, I could not get Google play store to download apps even though I could see my Google account in the accounts list.
By checking the solution on the internet I found out that uninstalling and reinstalling app worked for some of the users, but not for me. I’m still unable to use Google play in Bluestacks in Mac.
The solution is to use Open 1Mobile Market which comes with Bluestacks. You will find most of the famous Android apps in this market. It’s free and even registration is not required.
Scroll the screen down, go to Open 1Mobile Market and search for the Android app you want to install in Mac OS X.
Here is the result of WhatsApp Messenger search, click on the app to download then start the installation.
2) Bluestacks stuck or not loading in Mac
I have not faced this issue, but as per this video, it can be stuck while loading for a long time. To solve the issue, delete some config files as per mentioned video.
Right-click on Bluestacks icon in the Application folder and select ‘Show Package Contents’. Open ‘Contents’ then ‘Config’ folder. When Bluestacks is not running, delete these all files and open the app again to solve the loading issue.
3) Bluestacks kills Mac Pro laptop battery
Yes, these apps kills the battery. The only solution is to quit the app completely when you are not using it.
We hope this guide would be helpful about how to install Bluestacks on Mac OS X and install Android apps.