ehprivjob.exe application is a part of Windows Media Center Scheduler Service were in it helps in the Digital TV tuner device registration process. In the article, we will talk more about ehprivjob.exe and how to disable it in details.
ehprivjob.exe was first introduced when Microsoft announced Windows Vista. The “eh” in ehprivjob.exe refers to eHome, and it belongs to Digital TV tuner device registration process within Windows Media Center.
This executable file is part of Windows Media Center responsible for playing videos, live TV, etc. As we moved further and Windows Media Center lost its charm, hence the usages decreased.
Advantages and Disadvantaged of ehprivjob.exe:
The top three things for which ehprivjob.exe is responsible are:
- To improve Media Center performance
- Act and offers connectivity options
- Options of different Display capabilities
The major disadvantage of this file is it is a non-system process; i.e., this process creates multiple invalid registry entries on the system and thus causes performance issues as it slows down the performance.
Hence, users who don’t use Windows Media Center prefer to keep it disable as a whole or remove the ehprivjob.exe application as a whole.
The memory consumption and other useful information can be seen under the process tab on Windows Task Manager.
Please be aware, any application installed on PC consumer system resources to function properly. Thus, it is highly advised to keep only those required applications and remove the rest of them.
How does it work?
As ehprivjob.exe is a part of the Digital TV tuner application; hence, it sits on a computer hard disk. The file contains machine code that starts when the Windows Media Center application is launched. The inbuilt command in the Windows Media Center pushes the ehprivjob.exe file to execute. This file is first loaded into memory, and then it runs underneath to support the Windows Media Center application.
Let’s understand the situation in which we might require to disable or remove ehprivjob.exe below:
- In case of an issue related to Windows Media Center Scheduler services, we might need to remove and then reinstall
- If you have performed a system upgrade and due to some reason, the Digital TV Tuner application is not working correctly, in those kinds of situations, we need to remove and reinstall with a fresh copy of the file.
- In situations where you don’t need the application on your computer, removing the application is recommended.
We know what ehprivjob.exe is and why it used; let’s learn how to disable it and the process.
PS: This is a safe program and can be kept on the system. In case you are susceptible and want to verify whether it is a genuine file, then you can directly jump to the location where it is available, i.e., under c:\windows\ehome\ ehprivjob.exe
Also, creating a Restore Point for Windows is highly recommended. It helps to restore the system to the state it was in case something goes wrong.
How to Disable/Remove ehprivjob.exe:
- Go to Start -> in the search box type “Control Panel” -> enter
- In the control panel screen, go to Programs -> Uninstall a program
- In the uninstall or change a program list, look for Windows Media Center or Digital TV Tuner program -> double click to uninstall
- Once the uninstallation process is completed, reboot the computer to remove ehprivjob.exe completely from the system
- After system restart, its time to clean the application from the registry as well
- Go to start -> Run -> in the search box type “regedit” -> OK
In the Registry Editor window, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run\eg ui and remove the file
To complete the uninstallation process, restart the computer, and the registry entries will be gone
How to Disable Windows Media Center:
To disable Windows Media Center, users are advised to follow the below steps:
- Go to Start -> Run -> Type in the search “appwiz.cpl” -> OK
- You will land on the Programs and Features window, look for “Turn Windows features on or off.”
- In the Turn Windows features on or off, look for Media Features -> Windows Media Center -> uncheck -> Ok
- Restart the computer to complete the process
ehprivjob.exe is a safe process and can be kept on the computer. Suppose you are not using the Windows Media Center application as a whole or facing performance issue. In that case, you can try removing or disabling it and seeing how it improves system performance.
Do let us know your thoughts about ehprivjob.exe or Windows Media Center application as a whole in the comment section below.